Thursday, February 24, 2022

Paul McCartney! ... in Spokane?!?!!!!

If you follow such things, you probably saw that Paul McCartney - the Paul McCartney - the "cute" Beatle! - will begin his 2022 Concert Tour in nearby Spokane!  I saw the news a couple weeks ago, and briefly entertained the notion of trying to score tickets.  But then I was dissuaded by Harsh Reality: I figured you'd need to be poised at the moment they went on sale... they're probably $150 for the Nosebleed seats... and the concert itself would be lots of elbow-to-elbow super-spreader contact with total strangers.  Oh - and I don't have a smart phone to hold up with the light on and wave back and forth...

So - I was surprised and amused when my 15-year-old granddaughter Mackenzie excitedly announced that she and her dad are going!  Pretty cool!

Let me ask you this.  Think back - when you were 15 years old, were there any 79-year-old entertainers that your grandparents enjoyed 60 years earlier, that you would've been excited to go see in concert?  In all honesty, I don't even know if my grandparents listened to much popular music.  CERTAINLY not in high-fidelity stereo sound, on demand!

This reinforces my theory - say what you want about us "boomers," but the pop music of our generation was likely the best in history!  Mack gets pretty envious when I tell her The Beatles (her favorite group!) came to America when I was 10... released "Sergeant Pepper" when I was her age.  I was there, thumbin' through the record bins to find their new releases!  (Still have a few of those LPs... of course in '22 their music is now stored on silicon chips for easy and immediate access.)

No comments: