Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Frank Zappa is on the airwaves

So, are you a Frank Zappa fan?

He's definitely an "acquired taste."  I could never listen every day, but I'm happy to have him in my arsenal.  I was listening today (and smiling) while on the bicycle ride.

My first exposure was in 1968.  I'd seen his albums before - We're Only In It for the Money was an attention-getter!  The album cover was a parody of the ubiquitous "Sargeant Pepper" cover.  And it had some awesome tunes.  Who Needs the Peace Corps? pokes some good-natured fun at the whole hippie movement of the era.

Today I was listening to "Overnite Sensation."  I'm the Slime is the song that goes with this illustration:


Another favorite from that album is Montana.  "Leaving for Mon-ta-na sooooonnnn... gonna be a dent-al floss ty-cooooonnnn..."

(Click on the song titles above, for a listen on YouTube.)

No comments: