Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Since I've called myself "Idaho Spud"...

... I'm contractually obligated to mention the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.  The annual event took place today.  Wyoming vs. somebody.

Boise is at 43 degrees north latitude - surely the farthest-north outdoor bowl game, no?  Depending on your viewpoint, an end-of-year bowl game in Boise is either foolhardy and ill-conceived, or a move that shows tremendous foresight.  Perhaps Global Warming will push ALL the bowl games to the northern places where polar bears and glaciers once lived.

(Tiny bicycle at far-left edge of photo...)


Here are a few additional photos I snapped on this, the shortest day of the year.




I took both of the following from the same spot, using my small camera with 40x optical zoom.  The top photo is "1x" (widest angle), the bottom photo is "40x" (full zoom).


No comments: